Monday, March 26, 2012

Motiviation - Team Building

Today, I want to talk about team building and motivation.  When I was in basic training and advanced individual training (AIT) my drill sergeants would talk about motivation.  They really didn't care too much about anything else as long as we stayed motivated.  Many times the reason why we were punished was because of our lack of motivation.  Soon we realized this and it was amazing how well we worked as a team. 

I realize that not everyone is a team player, but it sure helps if most people who you work with are team players.  Staying motivated no matter what work your environment is can be difficult.  It is always nice to blow off some steam and have a good time.

A team building exercise I participated in recently was an eating contest.  I had never participated in an eating contest before.  My co-worker Kim told me about it and with enough encouragement decided it would be nice if our office would participate in this challenge. 


I sent out an e-mail to the office letting them know of the challenge and asked if anyone else would like to participate.  We had three people partake in the challenge and about 15 people from the office watching and cheering us on. 


The challenge was to finish a 16" Super Duper Philly cheese steak in 16 minutes or less.  The prize for completing the challenge was a free meal, a tee shirt, and of course office pride.  If you couldn't complete the meal, it cost you $20.  I managed to finish in 6 minutes.

What does this have to do with Military Millionaire?  Simple...motivation, taking risks, accomplishment, entertainment, and of course it was free food and a shirt.  If you are someone who is motivated you can pretty much accomplish anything within the laws of physics.  Motivation is all about your attitude.

Lastly, I want to thank Mike Storer who is an outstanding individual.  He is a great motivator and helped put this special event in motion.  Mike has a son Matt who is currently serving in the United States Air Force at Hurlburt Field.  My understanding is Matt will soon be promoted to Airmen First Class.  Congratulations Matt!

What motivates you?  Let us know by leaving a comment or sending an e-mail.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.