Monday, April 2, 2012

This blog is one week old!

After one week of blogging, I am pretty happy.  Ever since high school when I built my first personal website on Geocities (RIP) I've loved writing.  You get to hear from people all around the world and make new friends.  I'll never forget the one time my website had 2000 hits in like two weeks was because a car part website listed my article on their site.




The article was about my Dodge Monaco.  I got several questions from people asking me about performance numbers and whether it was worth the money for the product.  It was a neat experience.


Today, I can see how many people visit the blog and from what counties.  Most of the people visiting the blog is from the United States, but several have come from our friends up north in Canada.  Then I've had a few from India and Germany.  It also tells what browsers are the most popular and what operating systems are being used.


I've also learned many things about writing this week.  I already knew that I'm not a very good writer, but I feel like I've gotten better.  I've made several mistakes that I have gone back to update.   Obviously if you see a mistake please comment or e-mail me.  I won't feel bad, in fact, I'll be thankful.


I have published 28 articles and 6 pages with much more on the way.  Starting from scratch can be frustrating.  Especially if you have high expectations for something.  I usually keep my expectations pretty low, because I like the feeling of accomplishment.  I can always raise the bar later.


Best of all...on the last day I received my first comment on two of the articles I have written. Thanks Kiki and Christy for commenting.


This week, I am going to start putting the articles in categories.  This way it will make finding and reading articles much easier.   I am hoping to write a little more regarding my military experiences.  I am hoping to add some more websites to my blog roll and add some more investment information.  After all...that's what this blog is all about.


I look forward to week number two!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.