Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Failing the CPA using Gleim

More bad news on the CPA front.  I failed regulation with a score of 70.  I have failed two exams in a row, and believe it is time for a change.

I choose Gleim to prepare for the CPA exam for a few reasons.  First of all the price was hard to beat.  Just under $1000.  Plus they have a money back guarantee if you do not pass on your first try.  My auditing teacher told me that she passed using Gleim.  I probably should have asked her if she passed all four sections without failing.  I will be certain to let my readers know if I run into any problems, and exactly how much money I get back.

One of my co-workers Kim has been a great cheerleader for me to pass the exam.  In fact, several co-workers have been very encouraging to me, and I appreciate each one of them.  I also appreciate my kids, and wife being patient with me as I study daily.

So, I will have to shell out more money for a different CPA review.  This time I am going with the most prominent review...Becker.  I will also use Yeager CRAM for the two sections I didn't pass.

Hopefully my next CPA update will have some positive results.

For all those who are taking any type of standardize testing, whether it be the CPA, CFA, Securities license, ASVAB, or technician training for your job...don't give up.  These tests have very little to do with whether you will be good at a job.  Your personal motivation has much more to do with your success in a job then anything else.  It is nothing more than a game, hurdle or club membership.  If you want it bad enough, it is typically obtainable.  Failure is not an option.  The only way you achieve failure is when you quit.  Believe me when I say...I've wanted to quit many times.  The thought runs through my mind daily.  However, this is something I want to have, and by golly I am going to get it!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go. Don't be discouraged. Keep trying. You were so close on each of them.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.