Friday, June 15, 2012

Entertaining - a skill worth learning

One of my favorite singers of all time has to be the late Elvis Presley.  Elvis will always be a fan favorite.  There is a good reason why he was called the "King" because he practically invented cool, and made several amazing songs throughout his career. 

Elvis has to be one of the most impersonated music artists of all time.  In the post nuclear simulation Fallout: New Vegas the King was mentioned.  In the simulation was The King's School of Impersonation.  After the bombs went off, a local gang turned the place into a gang hideout.  Curious to see if something like this did exist.  I did a simple Google search and unfortunately the answer is no.  At least I didn't see it on the first page.

In previous articles I've written about how much it costs to be entertained.  That being said...there is plenty of money to be made entertaining others.  The entertainment industry is worth about $2 trillion!  That my friends is a lot of money available for entertainers.

I was talking to one of my co-workers and they were saying that they had a great business idea for me.  I could become a magician!  Apparently someone ordered a magician to her son's birthday party.  Cost?  $500!  They went on to saying that after I was done entertaining the kids, I could do all the taxes for the adults.  I thought it was a pretty good idea.  Since after all...as a tax preparer/magician I could make your taxes disappear (after a small fee)!

Seriously...people want to be entertained.  If you can figure out a way to entertain people, the money can begin the flow.  Keep in mind...just like any skill you are developing it takes time, and usually money as well.  However, remember that if you do not enjoy entertaining others...you probably won't be very successful.

Full disclosure not all tax preparers are magicians and cannot make your tax liability disappear.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.