Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Peanut Butter and Jelly

I remember growing up that peanut butter and jelly used to be a favorite of mine.  Today I went back to those roots and made myself a sandwich for lunch.  Mine you...the sandwich didn't last long sitting at my desk.  It was properly consumed using my 10 step approach by 9:30.  I also had about 5 free cookies that were brought in to work for everyone.  I know...food is one of my many weaknesses.  Had I stayed in the military I probably would have been still in good shape.

So, I went out to lunch at Bd's Mongolian Grill with a couple of my coworkers.  For $5.99 plus tax and tip, it is hard to beat for all you can eat soup and salad.  I still am challenging my Dayton area readers to find a cheaper all you can eat restaurant.

I did feel bad about eating twice...although I didn't have breakfast.  I will need to start doing this.  I think it might help me with my eating problem.  When I was in the Army I always ate breakfast.  I suppose it was different back then, because breakfast was not all about eating.  It was about hanging out with friends as well.  I think it would be much more enjoyable if we did this more often.

As always, I'm thinking of ways to help you save and make money.  Today was no different.  The PB&J that I ate cost me about $0.40 to make.  However, I will reuse my plastic wrap to save an extra nickel.  I'll probably reuse it for at least a week.  I certainly have a ton of stored energy waiting to be utilized (stomach fat).  I will make an attempt to eat PB&J for a month.  Will I succeed?  Who knows...I just don't have the same willpower as I did 10 years ago.

One last tip...this one on making money.  While we were at Bd our waitress was obviously pregnant.  My coworker said he felt like she needed the extra cash.  This could be a gold mine for all you ladies who are waitresses.  Although it might be difficult to pull off.  Perhaps it would be an interesting experiment to find out if pregnant women get better or worse tips.  More importantly...whether or not pregnant women would have greater or lessor customer service problems.  I know for myself, I'd have a much harder time yelling at a pregnant lady.

Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.