Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Credit Card Freeze...save on merchandise

I was talking to some of my Military Millionaire readers and discussing credit cards.  It was a long discussion about why my credit card was superior to their credit card (not really).  Seriously...the discussion was about protecting yourself from theft.  I wrote a small blurb about this a while ago when I discussed Protecting Your Identity.  I do not think people gave it much thought...however today I was discussing how freezing your credit cards works.



During this discussion I mentioned that I went into a store and offered me 10% off if I applied for a credit card.  I told them it would get rejected.  The lady said it doesn't matter...if you do get rejected then you'll get 10% anyways.  I said that sounds pretty good.  So, I applied for the credit card and got rejected. 

What does this mean?  It almost sounds like I could continue to go around applying for credit cards without any fear of getting them, but be able to save money on each and every purchase.  Sure it takes some time to fill out the application, but to save $5 or more on stuff I need to buy anyways?  Sounds like a slam dunk deal to me.
Want to know more?  Then write your comments...it really isn't that hard.  Plus while you are at it, become a follower and Facebook fan.  You can do this to the right of these articles.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great idea to me!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.