Thursday, July 5, 2012

Health update - 6

I sit here writing as sweat continues to pour from my forehead.  About a month ago my wife insisted on purchasing a treadmill for her birthday.  Reluctant to purchase such a big ticket item that typically turns into an expensive clothes hanger, I did purchase a Livestrong treadmill from Dick's Sporting Goods.

I thought it was a great idea to start using it more, so I decided that when I am going to study for my CPA I would walk and read.  It turns out to be a great idea.  Killing two birds with one stone.

Not only have I started to use the treadmill to walk and run...but I have also started to live weights again.  Right now at home I am lifting 25 pound weights for curls and shoulder presses.  These exercises are pretty simple to do.  I have periodically been doing situps and jumping jacks.  All this is a good start, but I do need to form a habit of doing it.

I have decided it probably is a good idea to wake up early and exercise before going to work.  Having the treadmill at home makes this a pretty easy task.  The hard part would be to actually do it.  I love sleep, and I am not a morning person.  However, having myself out of shape really isn't an option for some of the things I would like to do.

So, let's look at my stats against the U.S. Army PT Standards

2 mile run - 39 points @ 20:00 minutes
Minimum Standard 70 points @ 16:36

Pushups - 20 - 44 Points
Minimum Standard 70 points @ 46 pushups

Situps - 51 - 71 points
Minimum Standard 71 points @ 51 Situps

Total points earned - 154
Minimum Standard is 70 in each event...210 points

Stay tuned for my next update



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.