Sunday, July 8, 2012

Health update - 7

In my quest to lose weight, I've reached some new milestones that I would like to share with everyone.  The are as follows:

Best 1 mile run time: 8:27
Most calories burned: 433
Longest Run: 3.25 miles

I still haven't lost any weight, but it isn't really that concerning to me.  The weight will drop eventually, as long as I continue to make adjustments to my daily routine, and continue to improve my workout time.  I've done plenty of different diets and the weight dropped off pretty quickly.  However, without continuing to make lifestyle changes it seems impossible to keep the weight off for good.

I'm not certain if I mentioned it before...but I started to read while walking on the treadmill.  This simple change I think will pay off big down the road.  I've also decided to only watch TV while using the treadmill.  I went as far as telling my wife to ditch the couches, but I lost that battle. 

Questions come up like...what about the kids?  My answer?  Forget the kids.  They can sit on the floor if they want to watch TV.  It is more important for dad and mom to live and be in good shape than to have comfortable sitting for the kids.  Can I have it both ways?  No, there just isn't enough room in this house.  However, if you are that concerned about my kids I do accept donations.  Feel free to e-mail me, and I'll give you the address where you can send money.

I did have a dream that gold prices went down to $300 an ounce.  I was so excited that when I woke up I went and checked the prices.  No luck...perhaps tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.