Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Health update - #11 and 2013 Eating challenge

So, it has been over a month since my last blog posting.  I have continued to maintain working out everyday walking a minimum of 3 miles a day, and playing basketball Tuesday and Thursday.  On those basketball days I lift weights as well, and spend sometimes over 2 hours at the gym.

I did hit a wall in my weight loss journey as it took me nearly 6 weeks to lose any weight.  I stayed at 186 what seemed like forever.  Then in the past week I made it down to 183.  I started doing push ups and jumping jacks in between my daily game time.  This pumps up my exercise routine to over 100 push ups a day.  I'm hoping it will make an impact.

I must admit that I feel great.  I haven't felt this good in a long time.  I have so much more energy it is quite shocking actually.  I was wondering if I need to be like everyone else and drink coffee in the morning.  I am glad I didn't go that route.  My diet hasn't really improved at all.  I still do not eat the greatest, but I try my best.  Today I had some oatmeal for breakfast, and then a low sodium V8, 100 grand bar, peanuts and baked BBQ chips for lunch.  For dinner my wife Bokhee made me some Korean food with rice and veggies.  I had about 4 cookies and some cereal.  Not what I call a balanced meal, but after exercising really hard today for 2 hours, I couldn't help myself.



Anyways...my newest food challenge is to be held on Feb 5., 2013 at the Submarine House in Beavercreek @ 11:30.  Feel free to come and give it a try.  My last year's record was 6 minutes flat, but I wasn't fast enough to qualify to the semi-finals.  This time I will work up a big appetite and run that morning and not eat anything until lunch.  I'll be ready to will you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.