Thursday, December 3, 2015

Cost Analyst's guide to weight loss

Folks, I did it.  I cracked the code to weight loss.  I've been struggling with my weight for quite some time now.  It has been over the past 7 years where it has been the most difficult times.  Going up and down in weight trying several fad diets such as Atkins diet which were very painful.

I decided back in December of last year to start losing weight.  I weighed in at 212 pounds when I started a year ago.  I am now down to 200.2 pounds.  It hasn't been until recently where I have started noticing a break thru.  I recorded most of my progress via a video, but haven't decided when i was going to get around to post the videos.  They were of me and my youngest son Arthur.

So, the secret to losing weight is consuming less calories than you burn.  Of course everyone knows this right.  However, any diets I've tried to go on seem like they are really expensive.  Until now!

I began my weight loss plan by simply starting to exercise.  I exercised everyday without changing my diet.  I got on the treadmill and walked about 1 hour a day.  I would increase the incline and speed, but continued to eat a ton.  I did managed to lose about 5-7 pounds. over the course a a few months, but then really struggled to gain any traction after this.  I recently moved to Utah in September and was eating out every day.  I'm not certain where my weight went from there, but I purchased a Total Gym.  The same system Chuck Norris has used for quite some time.  Good enough for Chuck...good enough for me.  Anyways it costs like $225 at Walmart.  I would label it the most cost effective training equipment and have used it with better results than walking on a treadmill.

My diet has been really poor until about a month ago when I thought to myself, I have to supplement my diet at work rather than eat chips and snacks from the Snacko.  But many diet stuff is expensive.  I found Equate ultra weight loss shake and it is great.  At $9.95 for a 12 pack that is less than $1 per meal.  I will drink either two or three cans throughout the day totaling 360 or 520 calories.  For dinner I eat whatever my wife makes.  This has worked wonders.  I still get the occasional donuts, cookies or whatever at work probably only totaling 1000 calories.  This is seriously helping me keep my calorie intake to around 2k or less.  Previously it had to be over 2500-3k.

So there you have it.  Cheap meals, cheap exercise equipment.  A cost analyst's dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.